This morning I found a recipe to make an easy peach jam, and it came out delicious! So easy, just using canned peaches, and slow cooking. Hubby loved it! Then my sister in law came over with two big bags of Swiss chard. I cleaned them and cooked, and froze in zip lock quart bags…5 bags. Then hubbys friend stopped by with fresh parsley, a big bag…I am drying them and will process.
We made homemade pizza for dinner, our son made stuffed mushrooms, oh so good! We are having them over for Sunday dinner, we are going to make stuffed manicotti, and a salad and I am making two pumpkin pies. The first of the season!
Last night we watched Hocus Pocus 2. It was cute, but I like the original better. Hubby said it is always like that, the original is always the best. Of course the main actors are 30 years older, so what can I expect.
We took a ride to the Apple stand by us, we got apples called Snapdragon, new to us, but so delicious! We got apples, and they make homemade apple cider donuts, we got a dozen too! The place was packed, there was a senior citizen bus and they were enjoying nthe beautiful Fall day, and the pumpkin patch!
The Fall colors are popping out, I hope we don’t get rainy days so the leaves last! It seems like when the trees are bare, it just is so gloomy outside.
Just a short post today.

1 comment:
I never thought of using canned peaches but what a great idea! You had some wonderful things come your way. Your Sunday dinner sounded so delicious. I have not made stuffed manicotti or shells in a long long time. I need to get on the ball again. Leaves here by the shore have not turned too much yet. But, I can't believe we are so far into October already.
Post a Comment