Sunday, December 18, 2022

Catching Up

Time just seems to get away from me this holiday season!  We watching our little granddaughter a few days a week, then we do our errands on off days.  Then shopping for Christmas!  It's all a blur.  When nighttime comes, I am pooped and can't think of getting out my laptop.  In between that, we had Dr. appointments, tests, and all that good stuff!

Last night, we had our family dinner.  We had 20 family members.  It was so nice to get together, especially since the nasty covid hit the world!  Hubby and I made homemade lasagna noodles, for the lasagna, we made a huge pot of chicken soup for the first course.  I  made ham, potato salad, ambrosia, hubby made a roast porketta, , my sister in law made a cabbage and noodle dish, my other sister in law made a crostata, which is an italian dessert.  My niece brought homemade cookies.  It was a wonderful time!  The hard part was all the cleaning up after!

Of course, in the midst of all the activity, my right hip sciatica started bothering me something fierce!  I am taking ibuprofin, and trying to do stretch exercises.  I just love YouTube!  You can find every possible answer to all questions, recipes, just everything!  I even found a video, on how to change out a spray arm on the sink for my hubby!

Is everyone ready for Christmas?  It comes so fast, and I try to make the blessings of the season be around us daily.  Life has been so hard lately!

Does anyone have a good recipe for Molasses Drop Cookies?  My mom used to make the most delicious ones at Christmas.  They were soft and so good!  I found a few and tried them, but they weren't soft cookies.  Thanks for your help!






 

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds like fun and great food! May you have a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and beyond! God bless, d

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend! Your family meal sounds delicious! I am sorry about the pain. Prayers for healing. I am almost ready for Christmas. I have some cleaning to do. That may or may not happen! Have a cozy week, and Merry Christmas!

Susan said...

Merry Christmas Kathy!