Yes, it's back to work. Hopefully it will be a quiet day, and people are still celebrating the holiday. Hubby and I had a wonderful day together yesterday for our anniversary. We had a quick, light breakfast at home, I made coffee, and we had some muffins I made. Then off to the Poconos, where hubby knows it is my fav place to visit. We visited some candle shops we haven't been to in a long time. We went for a walk through a waterfall/park area, and had a picnic lunch he packed!! I wish I brought my camera, it was absolutely beautiful, and so peaceful!
After lunch, we headed off to visit a garden center we haven't been to in a few years, and bought a big morning glory plant, and another plant, I think it's called a butterfly flower, not a bush, we have several of them around the gazebo. It's really pretty, with soft, light orange flowers. He also bought me a windchime. It's shaped like a bell, made from ceramic, just the cutest thing! I love windchimes! Then we stopped at a coffee shop, had coffee, and biscotti.
For dinner, we did bbq, steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, I made a macaroni salad last night, so that was nice and chilled. And we relaxed and watched tons of fireworks last night!
The sun is shining this morning, but that is deceiving... rain, thunderstorms and lots of humidity are predicted for today. Our town is having fireworks tonight at dusk. The local towns have taken different days in the last 10 years or so, that way, there are no traffic accidents with people scrambling to get to see all the fireworks in one night. Hopefully the rain will not stop our town's celebration.
1 comment:
Hi kathy, Happy Anniversary!
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Anniversary/Holiday week-end! Hubby and I had our 30th Anniversary last year!
have a blessed Sunday, my friend!
Post a Comment