Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain


Yes, it looks like it will be a rainy Sunday. Thunderstorms are predicted today. It's gloomy and cloudy this morning.

I was so sad to find out when I got home from work yesterday that dear Bobby Murcer passed away. He was a Yankee player, and annoucer, and such a gentle, blessed man. Everyone loved him. He will be missed.

Not much going on in my part of the world. Yesterday was a work day, and it was extremely busy. When I got home, hubby was helping our friend, who is remodeling his kitchen. I went over to see the progress, and now I am VERY jealous!! LOL I want a new kitchen!!

We were planning on going to a local waterfall area, with a picnic lunch, just hubby and I, but those plans will not happen today with the rain. Not sure if we will do anything special. I am planning on making pasta with vodka sauce for dinner. I just put a cake in the oven, while it's still relatively cool. I am thinking it will be a very quiet Sunday.

Time for my Unconscious Mutterings for this week:

Intimidated :: scared
Brush :: with death
Masquerade :: Ball
Procedure :: medical test
Tattoos :: ick
Square :: pegs
Tuck :: in for the night
Boyfriend :: puppy love
Badass:: bad boy
Thousand :: Islands


That's for for now. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, After a beautiful day yesterday we're have the same weather as you. Have a nice Sunday. *hugs*

Judy said...

Hi Kathy, I know what you mean about the kitchen! mine is in need of remodeling to, but its not in the budget right now! :0( thats in the future!

we have had rain here all morning with it finally clearing a little this afternoon..
have a wonderful evening..HUGZ

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Love your new home my dear, I changed the URL in my blog.
My neighbors had granite countertops put in their kitchen - and OMGosh, I was floored by them. She has a beautiful kitchen to begin with, and adding those just made it more amazing. I've been dying for a new kitchen, but that will not come for a LONG time LoL! I love those new sinks that are sunk.
Henry is still not doing good, he is now insistant that he gets an MRI to make sure that nothing more serious than a muscle or strain is going on. Say a prayer for him please? He is frustrated with the pain he is in, and it can send him into panic at times.
Today was the last day of rain for us in western PA for the whole week ahead - they say! I'm hoping that doesn't change, because I can finish up SOMETHING around the outside. I have too many things going at once, and that is because of the threat of rain just about everyday. Some things I can't do with rain, and some I can.
Have a fabulous week ahead my friend ~Sending Hugs

LadyT said...

Happy Monday Kathy;

We werew supposed to get rain yesterday too but it was lovely and the rain didn't show up until late last night and all night long. Today it should clear up by mid-morning.

I was watching the post game show on YES on Saturday when they found out about Bobby Mercer and Nancy Newman announced the news about him. I was surprised how it affected me as I cried like a baby. I guess it was also because it was the 1st anniversary of my brother's passing. Bobby Mercer was always a favorite of mine as I remember when he was announcing with Phil Rizzuto and they used to crack me up. He was a good man and always had something nice to say about everyone.

Have a lovely and blessed day my friend. ~Hugs~

~Sindee~ said...

HI Kathy!

I hated to hear about Bobby Murcer as well.

Hope you're having a good week.

((Hugs))