Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Early Day...

wd-tuesday[4]  Can you see the BIG  Happy smile on my face???   Well it's there believe me!  There was a rumor going around at work that VTO (voluntary time off) would be offered.  Now, I am in an elite group, Prem*ier Tra*vel, that NEVER gets this off.  So, I came back from break, and as I getting back on, my supervisor sent an email that V*T*O was being offered for ALL gates!!!!!!

I immediately put in for it, requesting off at 2:45, and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!  I usually work till 6:30 pm,  that is 8am to 6:30, 4 days a week, with 3 days off.  I packed up asap, and was out in a flash.  What a sense of freedom!!  I decided to make my salisbury steaks for dinner with mashed potatoes, some fresh green beans from the garden, and sliced fresh tomatoes from our garden!!  MMMMMM!!

I was going to run to the drugstore, but I can do that after work.  Time to color the hair, as it's getting close to vacation.  And I do need to run to Tar*get, so after I clean up from dinner, we will run.  

I called hubby, surprise, I got off from work and will cook dinner.  He LOVES my salisbury steaks, and I haven't made them in I bet 3 years!!  I also cut up some fresh fruits and splashed them with white wine of ours for dessert.

Wow, another thunderstorm with heavy rain just blew in again!   At wits end I am SO tired of these storms!

Well, I need to check on dinner.  I will update later if I can.  I also want to get some visits in.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! you cracked me up with that hair pulling smilie, i just love him, and laugh everytime i see him. although i am sorry you are getting so many thunderstorms, not fun at all.
when it rains here and we have a thunderstorm, it is exciting for us because it makes the hot stinking sun go away, if only for awhile.
all your dinners sound wonderful and i am sure you were glad to leave work! kind of like when we were let out of school early *YAH*
have a wonderful week sweetee!
(((huggggs)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, wow that is wonderful about your vto!! You must feel like a child let out of school! :-)

As always, your dinner sounded 'wonderful'! What a cook you must be, & I can tell you really enjoy it - that is what makes a good cook!

Enjoy your early off days (is this permanent?). Sending you big hugs & hope you get a break from the storms!

Anonymous said...

Happy Tuesday Kathy;

That's wonderful about your VTO. I would have packed up and ran too. LOL!! Your dinner sounds yummy, especially the fresh fruit with white wine. My mouth is watering already. BTW, I answered your email and the two mini day sets are on the way. ~Hugs~

Anonymous said...

That is great Kathy!! Glad you got some time off. It really makes a difference. I love salisbury steak too. YUMMY! I hope you both enjoyed them. Have a wonderful day!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

lol, Kathy, I could just imagine the wide grin on your face at that nice time off! I would have put in for VTO right away, too :) Have a wonderful week and weekend ahead. Big hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, how great about the VTO, will it just be the one day? Dinner sounded so yummy, it's so hot here and without a/c I simply do not cook. So vacation is coming soon. I know you'll be ready for it, lol. Lots of love and ~hugs~

Anonymous said...

Ciao Kathy, I'm so glad about the VTO :) Sorry about the thunderstorm, hope you will get better weather soon. Just popped in to let you know hubby & I are FINALLY back blogging! Go to http://www.italiancozycorner.be and click on BLOG on the left menu. Stop by if you have a free min. Hugs & good night!