It was an early morning today...I got up at 6am, my regular work day time, to shower, and get ready to meet Debbie for breakfast. She had to take her car to the shop, so I met her at her house, then followed her to the shop, and to breakfast we went. Then, some shopping. A fun fun day, got caught up and just enjoyed being with my bud!!
On the way home, I stopped for spareribs. I made a pasta salad, and I have fresh cut tomatoes from our garden. An easy dinner... I made my own bbq sauce, and I have them cooking on the grill. Hubby just called, he is on his way home, so when he gets here all will be ready.
We got more terrible thunderstorms here this afternoon, and I see temps have dropped drastically! Much cooler!! It will be another great night to sit around the firepit, if it doesn't rain that is.
I was sitting in the gazebo before, just watching the hummingbirds darting about. We have about 6 or more, and when they "battle" each other over the two feeders, I find it comical! I am guessing they are territorial.
My 5 things I am grateful for today:
- having Deb for a good friend
- my sons
- my home
- a good cup of coffee
- laughter
Not sure if I will update later. It's early right now, so I might. We shall see how busy I get tonight.
4 comments:
Hi Kathy,
Wow! what a great day you had! It's been so long since I've had spare ribs. I'm hungry just thinking about it!
I hope your storms are over and that you're safe. Wondering if it stopped raining and you got to sit around the firepit.
Have a lovely evening and a great w/e. Hugz!!
Hi Kathy, I hope you and Debbie had a great time, which I know you did. The temps cooled here for a couple of days, but the humidity was worse. Now the hot is back. I hope it stays cooler for you. I am just wishing fall were here. I know my hubby and getting the central H&A fixed will be awhile. Love you! ~hugs~ Tell Debbie I've missed her.
Hi Kathy,
Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Deb. Your dinner sounds delicious. I love bbq ribs. Glad the temps have cooled down for you, but I hope the t-storms stay away.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs
Hi, Kathy, Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend. Good friends are the best, aren't they? Your gazebo sounds wonderful. I have a fondness for gazebos and always wanted one. Hope you're having a wonderful day! Hugs
Post a Comment