We had a nice day today, hubby made pancakes for breakfast, I put on the coffee, got the table set, and I cleaned up afterward. That's our deal, he cooks, I clean up, I cook, he cleans up. We had a really quiet day today. We went for the food order, put that away, then watched the Yankee game. We both felt asleep watching the game. Yankees won, but we missed it! LOL
For dinner, we took youngest son Mike, his girl Amy, son Sandy and we went out for pizza. We actually had wings and pizza, but they were VERY good! The town we went to is about 35 minutes from here, but we haven't been there in a while, so we really enjoyed it.
Tonight, hubby and I sat in our swing. We lit the citronella torches, and just chatted and relaxed. I SO needed a day like today.
Today, I am grateful for:
- a peaceful Sunday
- an afternoon nap!
- surprises
- my dryer, not being broken, as we thought it was
- fresh, juicy plums
Oh, I finally find out where we are going for vacation... Newport, RI!! I am so excited. We have never been there, and we both are looking forward to touring the mansions! I promise to take pics and get them posted. We are staying at a lovely bed and breakfast, called Belle View Inn. Here is a pic from their site of our room, called Freebody Park Suite. I hope this posts ok so you can see it.
and here is the sitting room of our suite:
I can't wait!!! And we will be walking distance to almost everything. We are also going to do other towns. It should be such fun!!

3 comments:
Happy Monday Kathy;
I watched both Saturday and Sunday's game. Yesterday the game was a thrill! THey played like they should have played all year. The first and second inning especially, was amazing. I hope it continues.
Your weekend sounded lovely. Newport if I remember correctly is such a beautiful place. Your suite looks great!
BTW, the "Under The Tuscan Sun" movie in no way resembles the book. The only resemblance is the writer's name, the place and the name of the villa. The book is a travel log to Italy and talks more of gardening, the countryside, people and traditions and even has a few of the writer's recipes in it. No comparison whatsoever. The movie is a true Hollywood movie.
Have a lovely day my friend. ~Hugs~
What a lovely place, it looks like! You will have a wonderful time. I've been to Providence, RI once, many, many years ago. Busy with storm preparations but wanted to pop in and say hi.
Kathy - sounds like a perfect day! Don't you just 'love' days like those? I am so glad you got it.
You room looks beautiful! I know you will have a wonderful time, & I can't wait to hear all about it!
Have a blessed week my friend! Hugs
Post a Comment