Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Missed a Day...

wd-tuesday[4]   yesterday, not realizing I didn't post.   Not much was going on, so I have no excuse for it.  Just puttering around, met my girlfriend for lunch, and then last night, Mike's girlfriend, Amy and I went to AC Moore for yarn.  I am going to make her a coverlet... in her favorite Pittsburgh Steelers colors... yellow, black and white.  I think it's going to be so cute when it's done!! 

The construction is coming along, the shower is framed out, the cement board is up.  He has to pour the cement and angle it to the drain, and then he can tile the floor in the shower.  It's coming along, and I think it will look so great when it's done!  It actually is going faster than I thought it would.  They are working on it only a few hours a night... hubby has work, and our friend is the one who was electrocuted, and doesn't have the capability of hammering, etc.

It's much cooler today, and I am thrilled with that.  I am trying to keep things as clean as possible here with all the deconstruction,  and all.  The dust and all that is getting all over the carpets is amazing.  I can't wait till we replace everything with wood and tile, both upstairs and down.

Here is another pic of our garden, showing the beautiful grapes!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!!!

Your grapes look fantastic. :) You'll have to show off a picture of the coverlet when you're done with it.

Happy Tuesday!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! What a beautiful pic of the grapes (& of you!). They look so yummy. Glad the construction is coming along, & can't wait to see pics. We want to put wood flooring throughout the rest of our house too. We have a large part of it wooded, but want it all done. Hope you have a wonderful day - have fun working on the coverlet. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pic of you and the grapes! :) Thank you for your msg! :) BTW, our Photo Album is back online, with new photos of Trieste, Torre Mondovi'(where we have spent our holidays in August) and Scotland… finally! LOL! Nighty night! Hugs!

LadyT said...

Hi Kathy;

Thanks for checking in on me. I've had a bad 5 days and wrote all about it in today's entry.

It's cooler here too and I love it, especially no humidity. Can't wait to see your bathroom when it's finished.

Looks great in here. Have a lovely middle of the week my friend. ~Hugs~

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy. I can understand how clean up during construction is a constant thing. Your grape arbor is lovely. I sure wish I owned a home where I could make a special garden area. I'd have roses and a gazebo and a water pond or garden. Right now it's all in my dreams, I guess. Have a wonderful day. (Hugs)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
It's ok - I didn't post yesterday either.
I love the pix of you standing in your grape vineyard. Sounds like the remodel is going good. It's good to have something to look forward to. Hope you have a nice evening. I'm going to cardBingo. Hugz!!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get a chance to look for the Giant card? I haven't heard from you, and Fae has school tomorrow. Thanks

Margie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Oh, that is such a nice picture of you and the grapes. I would love to have a grapes growing. I hope you post the coverlet.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs