Yes, the demo has started on Mike's old bedroom! They tore out the carpets, hubby is now pulling up the staples they used to nail down the padding!! Unbelievable! The room is stripped bare, and closet door is off, shelving is gone in the closet. Once he gets the underlayment "clean", he is rescrewing the floor so there will be no more squeeks. At some point, the wall between son Sandy's bedroom will come down, and demo will start in there. We need to figure where we will move Sandy's bed till our room is done!!So far, no delivery of my camera!! :( I was hoping it would be here by today. Anyway, I will start documenting as soon as I can. I wish I had before and after of the family room! I will take pics of the finished family room to post too.
Hubby worked today, and came home at 2pm. He is having them give him his accrued hours, as we don't know when his final day will be, and he is worried that he will lose them all.
My chicken soup came out WONDERFUL yesterday! Nice and hearty, so body and soul warming on these cold cold days! We are going out tonight for pizza with friends, so that will be nice.
Last night, I met with an old friend I worked with for coffee! We haven't seen each other in 3 years!! She called me the other day when she heard the news about Circuit City closing, and hubby losing his job. It was great to get together with her, and to find that she had a son and a daughter in the meantime!
Ok, my dryer buzzer just sounded. I may be back to update later.
1 comment:
Your husband works at Circuit City? I just realized that after reading your post. Yes, I had heard that they were in bankruptcy and were going out of business. Sounds like things are getting noisy at your house again! Hope you're having a lovely weekend. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment