Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Wonderful Sunday...



Happy Sunday my friends! The first Sunday of January! Can you believe it! 2009. It seemed to me as a child, that when we were in 2000, it would be driving spaceships instead of cars, and homes like the Jetsons! LOL

We had breakfast out today, as usual, and then we did some shopping. We didn't have Amy and Mike with us today, Amy's car is not being co-operative, and had to be towed to a garage. We got a from from them that they wouldn't make it, but that Amy was going to make her ham dinner! She makes wonderful ham, and her onion roasted potatoes, and corn. We had some of her chocolate chip cookies she made the other day. What a delicious dinner, as usual. She is the best cook!

Well, before starting dinner, Mike, Amy, and I went to Kohls. I saw in today's ad that they had the swivel sweeper I wanted for the new family room. With the wood floors, I wanted something light, and this is perfect. So we ran up for that, and I also got some picture frames that were on sale. Beautiful wood ones.

And the rest of the day was spent with Amy cooking, and just having good times today. Relaxing and peaceful, a perfect day. It's now almost 9pm. Ugh, and tomorrow is Monday. Did I mention how much I HATE Mondays???

After leaving this blog alone for a few days, I tried changing the header graphic. At least it deleted the animated, small picture, for which I am so grateful. I did want the graphics to go across the top, but I can live with this. For some reason, my PSP8 won't work. When I get a chance, I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. If I was able to use PSP8, I could have made a graphic header the way I wanted it to be, but, alas, I must settle!

Hubby just put on a new dance contest...not sure what it is called, but it's an international competition, just starting tonight. Let's see how this is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love Kohls - don't they have the best sales?! Glad you found some goodies to take home with you.

You are so blessed with having Amy in the family. She's blessed too. I hope she knows how much you brag on her. That's so great, that she's so young & such a good cook.

I'm off to send you a personal email now. Want to share my new find. Hugs!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you were able to get rid of the animated graphic. I love the colors here - so soft and pretty. Hope you can get your PSP working. I play around with mine but it's an old version and I don't have much patience with it!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kathy!!! Looks very warm in here, even though it's winter ;) I wonder if Amy will travel a bit across PA and spend some time cooking for me? Sounds like I would LOVE whatever she's making - she can start with those cookies LoL!
We had some sunshine today, I was so happy to see it. It seems like this winter will be without most of the sun, and more of those clouds/snow/rain/fog. Sunny days really warm my bones up!
Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy 2009 filled with all the love one can have ~Sending Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy Tuesday Kathy;

I'm glad you were able to change your header graphic. I make mine in PSP7 which I love and will never upgrade. It was the last upgrade made by JASC before they sold it to whoever has it now.

Can I borrow Amy to come and cook for me a couple of days a week as I'm getting lazier with cooking. LOL!! She sounds like an excellent cook. Your son is lucky to have her in his life especially that you love her like a daughter. I think that's fantastic!

Tomorrow we are in for heavy ice and snow again. Pray I don't lose my electricity again.

Have a great day. ~Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2009 Kathy ((hugs)). Glad you have enjoyed your start to the New Year and got some bargains in the sales. I have not been out since before Christmas but have bagged some bargains on-line, mainly craft bits and bobs and an outfit. I also got some much needed thermal leggings. Amy's cooking sounds wonderful. I love ham, we always baked one on Christmas Eve and we did enough for New Year. Hubby is making a pie out of what is left of the New year one. Thank you for you lovely Christmas comments. Wishing you and all your loved ones a blessed and Happy New year.
Huggest hugs Verena-Maria xxx