
All in all, it was a nice day today... a day spent away from work, as far away as possible.
We went for brunch this morning with friends, and had a great time. Then back here, hubby back to spackling the bedrooms walls, and I putzed around. I did some laundry, did some relaxing, did some reading, looked online for rooms that inspired me as to paint colors, decor, and all that fun stuff. Just getting some ideas. It's nice that we are getting to where I am thinking of paint colors now.
I made ham for dinner, which was very good, and not salty. After cleaning up after dinner, we went with friends to Lowe's first where hubby got a 5 gallon drum of spackling, as he will need tons more. I need to also pick out paint chips I like, but we ended up not going down into the store that far. We then went for coffee and dessert. It all sounds kind of boring as I read back over this, but it was a relaxing, enjoyable day for me.
And now, I got my clothes ready for work tomorrow, as well as hubby's things. With everything so torn apart it is easier to get things ready for the next day, and as a matter of fact, I think this will become a habit, as I like the time it saves in the morning.
And so, that was my day. I want to try to get in a few visits now, before I get too tired!
6 comments:
Hi Kathy,
Your day doesn't sound boring at all. It sounds very enjoying and relaxing.
Spackling isn't one of my favorite things to do. I spacked when we replaced our patio with a kitchen window. They had to put up new walls and I was left with the job of spackling. The worst part of that job was the sanding-the mess was everywhere.
I am glad you bil got a job, but I know how you feel about being so far away from your sister and family. It isn't easy. I know that things will work our for your hubby. Like you said, Everything happens for a reason.
Have a wonderful Monday.
Hugs
Ciao Kathy, here I am finally :) It has been a long time since my last visit. I didn’t fall off the face of the Earth ;)but when I’m sick I always have trouble remembering what day of the week it is because all the days seem the same. LOL! Trying to catch up with all your happenings. Glad your BIL got a job. Hope your hubby will find something too. Life is not easy right now, but we all have to trust HIM :) right? Hugs & blessings!
Hi Kathy: I got in! I don't know what the deal was. I'm sorry your sister will be so far away, but so glad he got a job. You sound lie you're having fun. Have a great day. HUGS
Hi, Kathy! I don't think your day sounded boring at all. It sounds like things are progressing nicely. Such excitement to pick out colors for your walls. Have a lovely day.
Hi Kathy;
Dropped in to see how you are doing. I've been offline for the past two days due to the blizzard like storm and high winds. I lost electricity and internet off and on until last night.
I'm glad you had a nice weekend. You deserve it with all you're going through. Have a lovely middle of the week. ~Hugs~
Hi Kathy; I'm back again! thought about giving up blogging, but I missed everyone sooo much!
and you don't sound boring at all, I love hearing all about your decorating, probably because I like it so much to!
have a great Wednesday! Hugs
new addy...http://www.judyscountrycorner.com
Post a Comment