It's about 95 degrees and the humidity is almost matching! I am so hot, and suffering with a mighty sinus headache. I am trying to stay cool and quiet. I must have downed about a gallon of water, lemonade, and ice tea. I don't know where it is going to... I haven't visited the bathroom once yet!!
We are also trying to clean up the remodeling mess. Hubby and son Sandy got out the living room carpet and padding. Hubby will work on nailing the underlayment, to take out squeeks. I vacuumed everything, getting up the dust from the sanding of drywall, and the entryway bannisters. The actually feels like silk now! Hubby will stain it a light mahogany this week, we still will need to see how many layers on, so we can match the floor. Our new floor is an African Mahogany. Ohhhh can't wait!! I am so thrilled that the ugly carpeting is gone. It still is in the dining room. That will be the last area to get remodeled...that and the kitchen.
Slowly, we are getting there.
Thank God for my wonderful, patient hubby! I love him so!!
Right now, I am taking a break, watching Food Network. I am sitting with my feet up, and hopefully will cool off! Our family room stays so nice and cool way into August. But this year, it is more so, because of the nasty spring and summer we have had. It is such a nice area!!
We we going to go to a church picnic, but it is just too hot out. I think we may visit our family restaurant for some Texas Weiners, and stay cool in the a/c.
6 comments:
Hi Kathy, Sorry that the heat is making you feel miserable, it's hot here too and my nose is blocked! At least you have a cool spot to get a way to. You must be happy that renovations are coming along. *hugs*
Ciao Kathy, sorry the heat is so unpleasant! I'd like to send you our chilly weather, if possible. ;) It's only 56F here, and rainy.
Have a lovely new week! :) Cheers!
Sounds like you were a bit dehydrated! Hope you were able to stay cool. The humidity does make if feel much worse. Have a lovely week. ((Hugs))
Hi Kathy...think we can get some pictures of the renovations?
Sound so exciting, but the prep and clean up work can be a REAL challenge!
Your body probably just needs all that water, so keep on drinking till you hear squishy sounds when you walk!
blessings and hugs,
marcy
Happy Wednesday Kathy;
I've been hit pretty hard this past week with the high heat and humidity. I'm still not up to par. So I know how you feel. Take it easy and keep cool my friend. Have a better rest of the week. ~hugs~
Hi Kathy: I'm signed in on Facebook, but don't have any idea how to use it. Kiki will help me after Corey returns and I'm in no hurry for that. I'm not sure I have the time for it. We'll see. I envy you all the work on your home. I hate this heat. Have a great day. HUGS
Post a Comment