My girlfriend Gail will be arriving shortly. We are going to lunch, and maybe a visit to Holley Ross Pottery. It depends on if her son will be going up to paint her living room for her. We have been trying to plan this for a while, and something always seems to happen to cancel it.
It almost was cancelled again. I was going to drive to pick her up, and hubby informed me yesterday that my car was going in the shop for oil change!! So, thankfully, Gail is able to pick me up, and we can at least do lunch!!
It has gotten so very cold this week. I love Fall, and October is one of my favorite months. I love the crisp, clean air, the pumpkins, the Fall colors! It makes me feel so good just seeing all the bounty given to us by our Lord!
Hubby is putting up some of the crown moulding in the living room. It was too chilly in the garage this morning for him to finish painting the 12 ft sections, but the 8 ft are dry from being painted yesterday, and they are starting to go up! Woohoo!
I am at the computer in the sunroom, and I am watching the squirrels scampering about looking for food. They wiped out my Black Walnut Tree again!! LOL Another year where they beat us harvesting them. It seems like they do it all in one night, cause everything just is gone the next morning! Ah well, I love my tree for it's beauty and the shade it provides us.
Well, time to put on a bit of makeup and comb the mop, I mean hair!
5 comments:
Hi Kathy: I'm glad you're getting out to lunch. Sounds like your house is coming right along.I hope you get to the Pottery shop. I love Pottery. There's a great one in Blue Hill, Maine. All pieces are a certain shade of blue from some mineral. Have a lovely day. HUGS
Hi Kathy,
I hope you had a great time with your friend. Did you go to Holly Ross Pottery?
:lol: about the squirrels taken all nuts.
Autumn is also my favorite time of the year. I just wish we would get some cooler weather. I miss the New England autumns.
I hope you post pics of all the remodeling. Your home sounds lovely.
Hugs
Hi Kathy;
Thank you so much for stopping by and wishing me well on my test procedure. I wrote all about it in today's entry. I have a lot to thank the Lord for.
Have a lovely autumn Tuesday my friend. hugs
You have some very industrious squirrels! Hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. I'm waiting for more cool, fall weather here!
Hi Kathy! I'm with you, fall is a favorite season, aside from spring. The air with the smell of the changing leaves is just a sigh of 'see you later summer'!
I still cannot wait to see some pictues of all this hard work you're putting into the house. Please try and get a few K? So anxious to see :)
Our neighbors have a walnut tree, and my dad tries to get a few nuts each year from them. The squirrels definitely get their fair share & more LOL! I'm guessing the outer part spikeys don't bother them at all?
OH NO, I was reading back and saw that you didn't get that job? Awwww, sweets, I'm so sorry to see that. I know your heart was set on it. That just means that something even better is coming around for you - I just know it :)
Enjoy the rest of your week my sweet ~Sending Hugs
Post a Comment