Thursday, October 15, 2009

The S word!!

Can you believe it.... it's only October 15th, and yes, we got snow! A dusting, but still... SNOW! I hope this isn't a sign of the kind of winter we will be having! It has gotten so bitterly cold, our heat is running, almost constantly today, and we have it set low. Such strong winds today, I hope we still have some colors out there tomorrow, just in case we go for a ride!

Don't you just love it when fresh, clean sheets are on your bed? I just change our sheets, and can't wait to cozy up underneath them! Little things that make us happy!

Hubby made sausage and asparagus risotto for dinner! Yummmm! Our son Chris came over, and friend's of ours as well! I absolutely love risotto, and he made it with a good arborio rice. There is a great Italian shop near us, and they do have wonderful things... pastas, olives, coffees, just everything you could want! Or me for that matter!

Last night, we relaxed early.. and I was amazed at all the horrer/vampirey movies on the tv! Hubby and I put old reruns of 3rd Rock From the Sun, and just laughed and laughed! I sliced some apples, and made a caramel dip, and we had a wonderful evening, not watching gorey, awful movies and shows!

We are starting to get the front and back yards winterized. It's sad having to start putting away all the summer things, cleaning up the flower beds, etc, etc. We also have to buy the black fireproof paint for the firepit, and sand and repaint.it. Then get it covered up soon. Seems like the work never gets done, doesn't it??

Well, I am thinking I will call it a night!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kathy: Yes, I love clean sheets, too. Your evening sounds lovely. The apples and carmel sauce must have been delish. I've got the heat on this AM until I can get the cook stove hot. I hate having it on this early. Have a lovely weekend. HUGS

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy,
Unbelieveable to be getting snow this early! Hope you were able to snuggle up in your warm house this weekend. I don't enjoy the horror movies on TV during this time of the year either. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. ((Hugs))