Sunday, October 18, 2009

Winds are Blowing!

Winter is really trying to make it's entrance the past few days! It's unseasonably cold, we even had to put the heat AND the gas fireplace on last night. Towards the end of this week, it's to get warmer, but I seriously doubt for long. If I recall.. last year we had a crippling snowstorm the end of October. So not looking forward to ice and snow.

I have been watching squirrels scampering about the yard, and I am enjoying watching them while drinking my coffee. Soon, we will venture out, need to get our groceries, and ... what else, a stop at Lowe's! I think we must own part of the store by this time!

Our new furniture is getting delivered Wednesday, and yesterday we ordered 2 round end tables and a coffee table from the same place. They said they may take up to 3 weeks to come in, or... it may be in sooner than that. LOL I have to laugh at these sales people sometimes.

Anyone have a recipe for butternut squash? My bil gave us one, and I never cooked with it before. Ideas would be appreciated.

My windchimes are merrily making a lovely tune! I do love windchimes, we must have about 10 sets, if not more. Can't have enough, is my motto.

I am going to get myself organized for the holidays this year. Work on the house will stop until after the New Year. The last to remodel is the kitchen/dining room, and that will wait till after the festivities. I always have the dinners here, and can't even imagine having a mess with holiday time here. We are combining the kitchen and dining room into a big open space. We are also planning on putting in columns, which I would like to give a marble finish to. We shall see. The columns were hubby's idea, after we took a house tour of model homes. I think it will look wonderful when it's all done.

Well, hubby is almost ready to go, so I will be by to visit later my friends!

Now, if I can only figure out how to have this signature post without a box and the white background!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kathy:
Recipe will be in the email in a sec. This is Ina Garten's and it's just delicious. I used a little honey on it. Have a lovely day. HUGS

Melanie said...

How lovely to be looking forward to new furniture! Hope it arrives quickly. Have a lovely day and stay warm. ((Hugs))

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, How nice that you will be getting new furniture. The kitchen and dinning area will be grand when it's finished, a lot work though. Yes we had some snow also but it did not stay. I am so not ready for winter. *hugs*

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I like columns! I am off to see if you have posted a photo of them or..some like you might want.
You sound, cozy, happy and very contented! :) Makes me smile!