Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Plates

Years ago, when I was manager of Gold N Gems for our local Monty Ward, I bought a set of Christmas dishes. I was upset at the time because I had put 2 sets aside so I would have a set of 8. Someone took my second set and bought them before I could buy them that night. (This person had to be another manager). Anyway, I bought the one set, and as there wasn't any more, ended up with just that set. I put them away, and ended up forgetting about them.

Guess what? I found them again!! My hubby had put my set up in the attic, and I completely forgot about them until I was up there with him looking at what we had stored up there! I think I am going to stop at Christmas Tree shops. They have a set of Gibson on sale for 14.99. They won't match, but it will still be the same idea, with the Christmas tree on the plates. Christmas Tree shop also had some very pretty tablecloths and napkins, and I will get them too. I am going to stop on my way home from work tomorrow, and hopefully will be able to get them.

We ended up getting about 5 inches of snow yesterday. I am thankful it wasn't more, and that I was able to get home from work before the worse of it hit.

Watching a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel right now. Hubby is making dinner, and I just got done making an apple pie. I am going to fold the laundry and then relax!

3 comments:

Kia said...

Ciao Kathy, thanks for the visit! We had a busy weekend and still problems with Haloscan, but I wanted to pop by for a quick HELLO! See you tomorrow, hug! :)

LadyT said...

Happy Monday Kathy;

I think that's a great idea getting a set to go along with the one you have. I've seen mix & match table settings before and they really do look nice especially when they are placed as every other dinner setting (i.e. one old, one new, etc..)

I spent the weekend watching the Hallmark channel myself. Even though I've seen every one of their Christmas movies upteen times. LOL!

We missed the blizzard this past weekend. Not even a dusting! I'm not complaining! ;-}

Have a great beginning of this Christmas week my friend. hugs

Sandy said...

Ho Ho Ho sweet Kathy. I love the movies on Hallmark too and have watched a lot of them.
I'm wondering if you do a search on the web for the dishes you couldn't find them? I bet you could, maybe.
I laughed when you said a couple of posts below that hubby was parking the "card" LOL you probably have Christmas cards on your mind. I do it all the time!
It's beautiful in here as usual!
Have a great week! Christmas week!
and stay warm. The apple pie sounds so wonderful.
(((hugggs)))