Happy Mother's Day! I hope this special day was a blessing for everyone!
Today also is my hubby's birthday. We had a wonderful day! Although it was COLD!! We had planned on having a cookout, but the weather didn't cooperate. And so... we made 3 pans of lasagna, a salad, and I made a cake. Our children, their girlfriends, and friends of ours enjoyed the day with us.
It was a bittersweet day. I looked at pictures of my Mom. I miss her so, and of course, I spent some time in tears. She always loved when Mother's Day and hubby's birthday were on the same day.
We got the kitchen and dining room all cleaned up. The Yankee/Red Sox game is on ESPN, so we are watching it now.
It's back to work tomorrow, after 4 days off. I really enjoy being home. But anyway, I only have 3 days of work this week. And next Saturday, (the 15th) I only have to work from 8am to 12. Taking the rest of the day off as part of a vacation time.
Off to watch the game!!

3 comments:
Happy Monday Kathy;
I'm a little hurt that you didn't send over a pan of lasagna to me but being you had a houseful, I'll forgive you. LOL!!
A belated Happy Birthday to your hubby. I would sing it for him but it would turn out to be a punishment instead of a greeting.
I too missed my Mom. I still can't believe it's 5 years that she passed. We never do get over losing our moms do we..
Too bad you got to watch the game they lost. Our Yankees have been doing great though and they did win the series by winning the first two.
Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs
Hi Kathy, glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Lasanga and cake sound a great way to celebrate it and your hubby's bday. Have a lovely week, hope you'll get warmer weather soon. Hugs!
Hi Kathy, glad you had a nice Mothers Day! The dinner sounds very yummy, hope your hubby had a great bday!
Post a Comment