It was a beautiful day today, after the rain cleared up. Hubby and I spent the morning cleaning the house. Then we treated ourselves to lunch at our favorite local family owned restaurant. After lunch, it was a trip to Lowe*s for 2x4"s, he needs for the garage. He is going to reuse our old kitchen cabinets, as storage in the garage. What a surprise we found when we started ripping down the old paneling he put up years ago!! We apparently have a leak in the roof, (please... NEVER hire a friend of the family to do a job)! Years ago, my brother Steve.. his friend had started a construction business. He begged us to hire this person for the roofing job. The WORSE decision we ever made... so many problems, like the ceiling caving in in the living room because of the roof.. that he replaced. It has been one thing after another. Now we find another big mess, the garage is separating from the house, the wood is rotten, and it's going to be another big repair to fix this, and it HAS to be done, and soon!
Anyway....
I made roasted chicken, garlic smashed potatoes and corn for dinner. I just got homemade chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes out of the oven. I am going to make a frosting for them soon, and we will have them with coffee tonight around the firepit.
I am off work for 4 days, and plan on enjoying every second away, despite the bad news about the roof and the garage.
5 comments:
Wow! That's terrible Kathy. I'm glad everything will be taken care of. It's always something isn't it!
Your dinner sounds yummy especially the cupcakes. LOL! Right up my alley.
Have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs
It's terrible Kathy, sorry about it. Your dinner sounds delicious & the cupcakes too, everybody loves them :o) I hope you enjoy your 4 days off work. Thinking of you, hugs
Hi Kathy, sorry about the roofing problems. The cupcakes sound yummy. Want to share the recipe? :)
Have a nice Mother's Day. Hugs
Hi Kathy! This has been a busy week for me, & I have missed visiting here. I wish you would have had your camera too...Emily would have loved that double rainbow!
I'm really sorry about your roof. You think things are finally finished, & now you find this.
Well you've done it again..made me starved by reading what you prepared! Sounds so yummy Kathy!! I wish you would share the recipe for the roasted garlic chicken & for the chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes. Sending you big hugs Kathy! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Hi Kathy! I wanted to stop in & wish you a happy Mother's Day, & to say bye before we leave tomorrow. I got a wonderful MD surprise yesterday (I posted about it last night). Also - don't forget my SWD this week...Emily is going to do it. :-) Should be very interesting. See you when I get back. Hugs!
Post a Comment