A friend of mine, send me this prayer. It was written by Shirley Dobson and printed in a book by Ruth Graham - both great women of faith. I love it and have put a copy in my Bible. I'm copying them by putting it on my blog because we all have different readers, and it's such a good one that I think a lot of Christian moms will want to have this. Enjoy!
Heavenly Father, I praise and thank You for the privilege of coming before You humbly and interceding on behalf of my children and grandchildren. Keep their hearts tender and sensitive to Your voice. Give them a love for Your Word and willing hearts to obey it. Help them to desire to walk before You in righteousness all the days of their lives. May they grow in the wisdom and knowledge of the Lord. Give them a heart of compassion and concern for the lost and the wounded. Lead them to a place of service in Your kingdom's work.
Lord, send a guardian angel to watch over their going out and their coming in and lead them not into temptation but deliver them from the evil one. Send enough rain to keep them depended on You but enough sun to give them hope and encouragement. And Lord, when they're standing at the crossroads trying to decide which path to take, put a person of faith there to point them in the right direction.
Thank You for Your blessings, Your provision, and Your great love for my family. I ask this prayer in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
2 comments:
What a great prayer!! I love it.
I still want to see your hair. ;) Have a nice day sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
Hi Kathy! What a beautiful prayer! I'm sure it speaks to all us Moms - I know it did me. I want to print it out & keep close by. I love Shirley Dobson, & Ruth Graham was so precious. I love her books (have you ever read her book of poems - it's incredible!). Thank you for sharing this Kathy. Have a blessed day, & I hope I see a pic of your new haircut soon. :-) Hugs!
Post a Comment