Friday, August 27, 2010

This morning hubby and I had our eye appointments.  I am very very pleased with our new eye doctor.  Our checkups went extremely well...especially hubby.  Since he has diabetes, we were worried, but everything was terrific.  Dr. S  is so caring, and checked everything.  We had appointments at 9 am  and we got out at 10:45. We both have new prescriptions, we may go tomorrow to look for new frames and get them ordered.

Of course, we had to come back till our eyes were more adjusted to the light.  Later, we went to Christmas Tree Shops, and we found a lovely green 70" round tablecloth, and matching napkins for our dining room.  And I also found a beautiful vase for the center, and some napkin rings.  I am not sure about the napkin rings yet, I may look for something different.  Tomorrow I will take some pics when I get it set.

We also found a winery, and did some tasting, and bought a bottle of a terrific chardonnay!  We also found a new pizza place, and ordered pizza to take home for our dinner.  Hubby and I enjoyed pizza in the gazebo with a glass of our new wine.  Yum!!  

And now, we are relaxing.  I put on a pot of coffee, and we will have that in a bit with some strawberry shortcake. 

I am off tomorrow... a vacation day...so I am off from Thursday, till Monday.  Can you see me smiling??

Ok, well, I am getting off, I want to pay a few visits.

                                                                          

3 comments:

LadyT said...

Hi Kathy;

Can't wait to see your table setting/linen. Bet it looks wonderful. The pizza and chardonnay sounds yummy. So does the coffee and cake. Wish I had some with you. ;-} Enjoy your long weekend my friend. Hugs

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, what a lovely day, I had no idea there were wineries in Pa. There are everywhere, I guess it's just a matter of good exposure. Your linen sounds pretty & your gazebo dinner sounds so special.
Glad you're off this weekend, hugs

Kia said...

Ciao Kathy, I would have love to join you for a cup of coffee with the yummy cake :D Have a great first day of September and enjoy your day off!