Sunday, October 10, 2010

This has been a very quiet Sunday.  One that was definitely needed by me.  Saturday was such a nightmare at work, I just prayed to get thru till 5:30.

Anyway, we had breakfast at home, hubby made blueberry pancakes and bacon, coffee and oj.  After breakfast, we went to clean up the garage, and I did some weeding.  After an hour outside, son Chris came walking over with the puppy...Hera.  Then he mentioned that Maria was painting, so I walked over with him, and helped her for a bit.  Turned out she was sprucing up the woodwork in the kitchen, which is white.  Mike came over with us, and he taped off everything while Maria and I painted.

I promised hubby and the boys my Salisbury steaks for Sunday dinner.  I made them, "smashed" potatoes, broccoli with lemon, and a pumpkin cake roll.  Everything was delish!

What was also nice... I found the baptism outfit my sil bought me, that all my boys where baptized in.  I brought it out to show Chris and Maria, and Mike and Kristin.  They loved it.  I hope they decide to use it for the baby.  We shall see.

After cleaning up, I am just about a vegetable...so tired.  My goodness, it seems my energy has just disappeared.  I feel like a slug right now!!   Gone are the days of constant activity for me.   Oh well, life brings with it changes, doesn't it?

4 comments:

AliceMum said...

Sounds like your day was a nice way to spend a Sunday..we were pretty laid back today also..didn't do much but enjoy the weather!! Have a wonderful week!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, this sounds like a lovely but busy Sunday. Your meals sound so yummy, I hope you have more days off before you go back to work, sorry it was so exhausting Saturday. Have a great week, hugs

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! Sounds like a perfect day! Each & every time you share your meals here, I leave 'starving'!! I bet you are an incredible cook! Can't wait to hear about all the meals you share with your grandbaby! :-)

You can scan the ultrasound, but you could also take a picture of it & then upload the picture. I've done that before, so it's worth a try.

Hope you have a blessed week Kathy! Sending you big hugs!

LadyT said...

Hi Kathy,

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with family. Hope the rest of the week has been just as blessed. I think that would be uch a great tradition for your coming randchild to wear "daddy's" baptism outfit. Hugs