I can't believe all these ads.... "Get Black Friday prices now"! My goodness, it is constantly shoved down our throats! What has happened to Christmas?
What has happened to holidays and family times? How can it be that Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving are just considered another day... a day to make money. It is these ideas that are hurting the family. Parents forced to work on these holidays, or face losing their jobs.
Just what has happened to our world, our values?
2 comments:
Hi Kathy;
In today's world most holy holidays have become commercial holidays. Have you noticed it's now proper to say Happy Holiday instead of Merry Christmas and our Christmas tree has become the holiday tree? I personally ignore all the ads and commercialism. I ignore halloween, celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, and just watch the ball go down in Times Square on New Year's eve. There is no Easter bunny in my house as we celebrate our Lord. As for our world and its values, they are slowly going by the wayside.
Sorry to be so long winded LOL but I had to put in my 2 cents worth. LOL!! Hugs
Hello Kathy, I saw the ads, isn't black Friday the day after Thanksgiving? I'm not crazy about this but I guess each one does things its own way. Each year I take one holiday at a time, Thanksgiving first then Christmas. I don't go crazy shopping & skip black friday.
Anyway I hope you have a good week, stay warm, hugs
Post a Comment