Hubby bought a new meat grinder the other day. Today we decided to try it out. We bought a 6 lb pork butt, and we made sausage!! It worked like a charm, we are thrilled! I told hubby today, I would like to make my capelletti's, so that will be another day, maybe next week.
Anyway, hubby made his tuna sauce for supper, and I made a peach/apple crisp, came out SOOO good!... well, both turned out delish!! We had our friends over for dinner as well, and Elaine was saying one of the local ice cream parlors, which is closing for the season tonight, has....Pumpkin Pie ice cream!!! And so, we just got back about 15 minutes ago... yum!!
I have work tomorrow, I pray it will be a quiet day. Saturday's are rough.
I just saw that I missed... the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin Halloween special! I love that show!! Nice, cute, nothing scary, right up my alley!!
Hubby got his new Christmas song book delivered today! Full of Christmas songs for his piano. He is over there playing now... I love it!

3 comments:
Between a new meat grinder, homemade sausage, peach/apple crisp, pumpkin pie ice cream and listening to Christmas songs on the piano, I must say you are one lucky and blessed woman. Wish I was there to enjoy it all with you. My ex was a butcher and meat manager plus having his own shop at home where he butchered for farmers. He had commercial machines and used to make fantastic italian sausage (all kinds). That's one of the few things I miss, for now I can only buy store bought sausage. sigh....
Have a lovely weekend my friend. Hugs
Hi Kathy,
I can't believe that years ago I got rid of my meat grinder. I wish I had it now. Homemade sausage are the best.
Your foods are making me hungry. Your day sounds wonderful
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Liz
Ciao Kathy, nothing better that homemade sausages (with polenta, for me!) during the long winter months. YUM! Have a happy and blessed November! *hug*
Post a Comment