Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time

Time just seems to get away from me, so much to do, like all of us.  I am sorry, I do try to get in here to update, but sometimes I sit in front of my laptop, just staring at the screen, wondering what to write about.  My days are so routine, I feel I am boring.  Then of course, hardly anyone is updating their blogs anymore.  

Facebook, for me, is not a way to keep in contact with friends.  I play games, about 3 of them, and that is to relax and keep my sanity from the crazy job I have.  That is it... not to update about my life, my family, or friends.  It's too public, and too impersonal.  No thank you.

So, today, we are having Mike's girlfriend.. Kristin, her birthday dinner.  She is so sweet.. she wanted my husband's sauce, with rigatoni, my salad with balsamic vinegar.. and my pumpkin pie!   The hard part... finding the pumpkin pie in the can... we check 6 stores, and found the last can, in the last store!!   Seems impossible!!

We have been watching movies on Net*flix at night, kind of like a date, just hubby and I, and I find I am not spending lots of time anymore on my laptop.  Our tower broke, so hubby set up the older laptop for himself in the office, and we brought down my laptop, and we have a sweet set up now, and I am finding more to fill in my time than be online.  So, I am cutting down on my facebook, and will spend more time blogging.

Ok, time to check the pies, I hear the buzzer. 

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Kathy, I love rigatoni, I wanted to buy some but couldn't find them whole wheat so I took think spaghetti instead :o)
The birthday meal sounds so yummy. Don't worry, you're never boring.
Take it easy, hugs
PS I love Netflix too.

Elizabeth said...

PS I meant thin spaghetti! I try to only buy Italian pasta.

Anonymous said...

Ciao Kathy, happy hump day!
There is nothing wrong with having a quiet life, "routine" is not a bad thing :)
Hope you are having a lovely springtime in your corner of the wood. *huggles*

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy;

I think we all feel the same about blogging. Not much joy in it anymore. Although I still post 5 days a week and that's because I post all 5 days on Sunday night for the week. I still don't play games on Facebook but am able to keep in touch with fsmily that way.

Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs