Today was a quiet day. Hubby and I worked outside a bit this morning, then took a ride to a garden center we heard about in Dallas, Pa. We found a Japanese Painted Fern, gorgeous, and another plant that is shade loving. Can't remember the name. We have a huge Black Walnut Tree in the back, and we have it surrounded by Hostas, but we wanted more color in there. Of course, when he went to plant them tonight... it started pouring out!
For dinner... as usual on Saturdays, we went down to our family restaurant... Coney Island in Scranton. It was good to see my brother Pete and his wife again. Chatting and having a good dinner... my cup of tea, so to speak!
I went to my Holy Hour which is every Saturday from 7 to 8, and then home to relax, as I said, a quiet day. Tomorrow it is supposed to be nasty.. thunderstorms and rain all day. I will use the inside time to do some cleaning in the house.
It's hard for me to speak about... but my son Chris, and his wife, with our new granddaughter Sofia, up and moved to Fl last Saturday. My heart is broken, and it was very hard for me to deal with.
2 comments:
Hi Kathy;
I know what you're feeling my friend. I too missed seeing my grandchildren go from children to teens and now adults. I've never seen my youngest great grandson. It's always a heartbreak when your kids move away. Now at least I get to see and talk to them once in awhile on skype. Hopefully you can do the same.
Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs
What? They moved to Florida? Where? I'll check up on them for you if they are near to me. Kids!!
Would love to see a piccie of the plants you bought.
It seems like all I've been doing lately is saying the Mercy chaplet for all my friends here. Love the chaplet.
When you visit the kids we can meet for lunch. I like that idea. :) Hugz!!
Post a Comment