Friday, July 25, 2014

Cookout

We were invited to a cookout at our new phew and his wife's home.  I made potato salad for them!  We had such a good time!  The food was flowing....BBQ pulled pork, and she made homemade buns!  Grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, salad, stuffed zucchini, eggplant seasoned under oil and garlic, and all kinds of dessert, to many to mention.

It was not and humid this afternoon.  I think I spent 4 hours in the pool!

Good times!

On another great note, I want to thank everyone for all the prayers.  We had an appointment today with the eye specialist, and the blood is dissipating, and the eye is beginning to heal.  We go back in two weeks.  Hubs had a big scare, and he appreciates all the prayers!

This is a quick post, we are so tired, and heading off to bed early.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Kathy! Sounds like you had a great day! All that food sounds so yummy. I'm so happy to see all the people blogging again as well. Prayers for your husband's eye. I'm glad it's healing. Have a lovely evening.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, glad to hear the eye is healing . I love bbq pulled pork. Have a great weekend!

Toni said...

Happy Saturday Kathy!
Boy you have definitely made me hungry..again! LOL! The cookout sounded like a fun day for you. We are having a family cookout tomorrow. Can't wait!
Have a lovely weekend dear Kathy.

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! The food made me drool! Lol! I'm so glad that your hubby's eye is healing. I bet he will make sure he listens to you in the future! :) Hard lesson to learn this time. Hope he heals quickly. Hugs!