Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday, Funday

We were invited to a friends home today, for a cookout, and swim in their in ground pool!  They had a cookout for several of us friend..two other couples couldn't make it, but it still was a great time!  As usual when we get together...there was tons of food.  I really did control my eating, it was hard !

I made them a peach upside down cake.  Another couple brought a pie.  Our friends had pork chops, hot dogs, hamburgers, sloppy joes, sausage,  shishkabobs, corn on the cob, watermelon, angel food cake with a fresh fruit topping!  Soooo goooooooooo

Unfortunately, I couldn't swim!  Yesterday I brought out with a severe rash from a sulfa drug my dr gave me for a bladder infection!  I am taking benydril, and have to call my dr tomorrow since the dr on call wouldn't prescribe anything but to get OTC benydril.  I was so looking forward to the swim, but it was great to be together with friends.

Hubby's eye is continuing to improve, please continue to keep him in your prayers!  

We are sitting outside, as I type this entry.  Temps cooled off, and it is a gorgeous night!  In the blink of an eye, winter will be upon us, so we try to be outside  as much as we can.  I made a pot of coffee,mand it is a little bit of heaven!

5 comments:

Kori at Home said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day! I hope that you do get better soon :)

Feel free to visit at Just Another Mom

Jules said...

Hi Kathy,
Sounds like you had a wonderful day with tons of great food. Good job on controlling what you ate because I don't think I could have. :)

I hope things get better with the medicine that you're on too.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Marge said...

Hi Kathy, Isn't it fun to blog again? Sounds like you had a fun time at the cook out. Wow that's more food then we have at our potlucks. Sorry about your reaction to the med. Good old Benadryl comes thru again. Keeping your hubby in prayer! Hugz!

Toni said...

Hi Kathy;

Your day with friends sounds wonderful. Hopefully the rash you got from the medication goes away fast. Not cool here, in fact my a/c is running right now. :-(
Keeping your hubby in prayer my friend.

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! Sounds like a wonderful time with friends. I don't think I would have done as good as you did in resisting the food. :) Sorry you couldn't swim though...hoping the rash is under control now. So thankful that your hubby's eye is improving! Hugs