Friday, August 15, 2014

Foodsaver

We ordered a foodsaver from Ama*zon and received it yesterday!  Here is a pic. FoodSaver V3460 Vacuum Sealing SystemI am thrilled with it!  Today we went to the farmers market, we purchased broccoli, cauliflower, Italian beans, and used our foodsaver!  All nice and protected in the freezer now!  No need to worry about freezer burn!  I am going to make this Italian dish, we call it padillata, it is zucchini, onions, peppers, and tomatoes, all fresh from the garden, I add basil and parsley, salt, pepper, and is mince garlic, and cook this till all is tender and tomatoes have broken down into a sauce.   I am going to freeze this too, so,we can have it in winter!  

Such little things make me happy!

Tomorrow I am going to make my gnocchi, and freeze them in the foodsaver.  We also made our meat filling for cappellettis, we will make them this weekend and freeze.  We will also make ravioli!  

I hate to waste food, and we were thrilled with the idea of fresh food preserved.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Your foodsaver is a good idea. I, like you, also hate to waste food. Food price are just so darn high. I make the 'padillata also. I am the only one that like its here. Every once in a while, I will make a small pot just for me. Enjoy your foodsaver and "mangiare bene".
p.s I like you blog here. It is very pretty and cheery.

Kathy said...

Thanks Liz! I am pretty sure I will be using blogger for now on! Have a great Saturday!

Melanie said...

What a great idea! I've seen those food savers advertised. Are they very expensive? It sounds like a great solution for me. Have a great weekend.