Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tomatoes

I processed some tomatoes my sil gave me, into a basic sauce. I read online, and it seems it is best with something basic, and then you can add seasonings according to what one is making.  I am waiting for them to cool off, and we will process it in our foodsaver, and put in the freezer!  I am so excited about having this freezer.  It's used, but it is new to us!  We went to the farmer's market right after we got it, and we blanched Italian green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, and then did them in the foodsaver and froze them.

We also got a few packs of boneless chicken breasts that were on sale at Price Chopper, bagged and froze them.  I just love this foodsaver, it takes out all the air, so things last longer with no waste.  We also got some pork ribs on sale, and processed them too.

Hubby is working outside, putting motion lights up on the shed.  We are getting racoons, woodchucks, opposums!  I am afraid to take out the garbage!

Its warm and humid today, and we are supposed to get thunderstorms tonight.  We do need rain, but I am hoping for it to come down steady, so it soaks in.

Monday our little girls club, (we call ourselves The Magpies), just the 3 of us, went for our monthly night/day out.  It was my turn to pick the movie and restaurant.  I picked "The Hundred Foot Journey".  We went to the first showing at 1 pm, and that way we got our senior citizen discount.  The movie was just fantastic!  It had comedy, serious times, it was great.  We all loved it.  For dinner, I picked a new restaurant that opened called Ambers.  Also, very good!  I had chicken francheese, not sure of the spelling.  It was excellent!  Tender!  We have added Ambers, as one of our favorite places!.  Here is a link to give you an idea of the menu, and it also is so pretty in there.  They also have a courtyard, with a fountain, we ate our dessert and coffee out in the courtyard.  A fun day!   And, we were home by 5:30!

Today, I am catching up on some cleaning.  My schedule was messed up a bit, both Monday, and then yesterday as well, and so I am finishing things I didn't get done!   Can I say, I LOVE  being retired!  I am feeling so great, so peaceful, and being able to do things when we want, well we love it!  Especially me.  I am also look forward to having Fall off, and enjoying each day!

Another Fall siggie from Judy!  I love it!





3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Wednesday! I LOVE our foodsaver as well! We have an older one but it still works GREAT. Congrats on the freezer! Having the extra freezer is nice. I'm glad you had a great time with the Magpie's (cute name!). Have a lovely Wednesday. Hugs

Toni said...

Happy Wednesday Kathy, Congratulations on your new freezer. I would love to get a foodsaver in time. I like to cook ahead and freeze separate dinners and that would surely help. The Ambers looks like a great restaurant by its menu. I'll have to check out that movie.
Thanks to you LOL! I decided to change my theme to Fall and I picked the wrong date as the humidity is unbearable! First time I have the a/c on in a long time. But I'm not going to change the theme back. :) Have a great evening my friend. I'm getting ready to watch the game. Hugs

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy. I actually priced a Foodsaver in Walmart. Not a bad price. I think I really want to get one.