Friday, September 19, 2014

It's Friday!

I also did a post on my Simple Woman's Daybook, click in tab above to visit!

It has been a sad week.  The funeral for the murdered State Police Cpl. Dickson was yesterday.  So tragic, so sad.  And still no leads on where this crazy sniper is.

Here are a picture of my hubby showing our white grapes!  Oh, so delicious!  I followed advice, and sent them to myself in an email attachment, then opened the email on my laptop!  Duh, I swear I am an idiot!

 

This was the best year for our harvest!  And we lost some because of a freeze.  My hubby and son crushed the grapes, and now the "wine"  is curing in barrels.  Soon they will bottle them, I am not sure of the timetable.

Its another cool morning start!  I love it, Fall is tiptoeing in!  

I am off, I want to finish cleaning, and then hopefully I can get back to visiting you all.  I have just haven't had the heart to be online much with all this horror going on in our area.



5 comments:

annie said...

When they freeze are they absolutely ruined? I know that Ice Wine is made from frozen grapes but I am guessing that is a very different happening.
They look so delicious.

Toni said...

It's been cold here the past two nights and I jumped when I heard a hissing noise only to realize the heat came on. One thing I love about leaving here is not having to pay for heat. It's included with the rental.

Your hubby and grapes looks wonderful. Even with the freeze it looks like you have a great growth on your vines.

Have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs

Toni said...

Opps! That should have read "living" not leaving.. LOL!

Jeanne said...

I would love to be able to grow grapes! I don't think it's warm enough around here long enough though. How do they crush the grapes? Fall is my very favorite time of year!!

Liz said...

Oh, how wonderful to grow such beautiful grapes. That brings back memories for me. I remember when my grandfather crushed grapes for his wine.
Yes, it is terrible what happened with state troopers. I hope and pray they catch the culprit soon.