Friday, December 05, 2014

Day 8 25 Days of Christmas

I am a foodie.  I admit it.  I love to cook, bake, and eat!  Christmas time is my favorite time!  From the prep for Thanksgiving and on, I just love it.

We have a big family, and every couple of days, we have a family dinner somewhere!  You know, I think that is the best thing about the Christmas season, besides celebrating the birth of Jesus!  For us, its not the gifts, it is the family dinners.  Our special times!

Hubby and I also got a nice gift from our eye doctor today!  We both had good visits, I didn't need a prescription change from my last yearly, and hubby is good as well.  I mean he has a cataract on the eye that he almost lost from the accident, but it looks like it will be late in 2015 when he will have it removed!  We got a good go ahead from him for our trip to Florida!!  Another blessing!

Here are a couple more Christmas cards!  I just love them, and hope you do too!





6 comments:

Marge said...

Hi Kathy, I am so glad we are exchanging Christmas cards this year. So many of my friends no longer send cards. I love them and hope we can continue for many more Christmases. Hugz!!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Kathy! so glad your checkups at the doctor went well..that's great news.

I enjoy cooking for family dinners, etc. But I think my favorite is baking for Christmas and then sharing the goodies with family and friends.

Have a cozy evening xo

Melanie said...

My cooking skills seem to deteriorate when I worked full time. I'm trying to revive them. Good news about your vision exams. I was told I have a very mild cataract that will eventually have to be taken care of. Have a blessed day.

Judy said...

Kathy, I absolutely love your Christmas posts! So glad that you got a good report from your dr. When do you leave for Florida? I hope you take lots of pics to share when you go.

I love baking & putting together a good meal too. So special to get together with family & enjoy that time. I bet you are a wonderful cook!

I finally updated my blog to winter theme, & I posted two new Christmas siggies! Hugs

annie said...

Really enjoying these posts!
There is nothing like eating your way through holidays. So many good foods at special times of the year.
Now I have to go find a snack lol.

Danna said...

It's nice to get the thumbs up from the doctor. My blood test for blood sugar levels came back normal. I was happy to know it was ok. Have a good day!