Tuesday, June 09, 2015

For Today - 

Outside my window...  The rains have stopped.  No thunder or lightening today like yesterday.  Right now, we are between rainstorms.  It's also very humid.  Ugh!

I am thinking...  Of all I need to do, but I am not feeling quite well.  Staying in bed and drinking tea for the time being.

I am thankful for...  My husband.  He is such a blessing!  God had planned him and I for a wonderful life together!

I am remembering... Good times!  As I am resting in bed, I am remembering the wonderful vacations, day trips, and even rides thru the countryside that hubby and I took.  With our sons when they were small, and with just the two of us!  I especially am heart warmed, thinking of our winter in Florida with our oldest son and his family!  We are blessed!

On my mind...  To keep making things easier for us at home.  Purging things that we have been saving forever, or putting things to better use.  I have a good cleaning schedule set up for myself, and get done in a few hours in the morning, each day a different area.  No more killing myself!  Things also seem to stay cleaner this way!

I am pondering these words... " Pray, hope and don't worry". From St. Pio, and I am trying to do this every day!

From the kitchen...  Today hubby is cooking.  He is making roasted chicken.  Later I will do mashed potatoes and a salad to go along.

I am wearing... My nightgown!  I look a mess!  Ugh. I hate staying in bed.  I need to shower and look human again!

 I am creating... A love filled, peaceful home and life.

I am reading... My bible, books on my Kindle, and my daily prayers.

I am hoping... Our weather gets nicer again.  

I am hearing...  Banging from the garage, hubby is making shelves in there.

Around the house... It's quiet, our sons are gone to work, and I have been resting.

One of my favorite things... Sitting out on the deck with hubby, enjoying our coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Helping our niece with her daughters pool party on Thursday.  On Sunday, I have a baby shower.  Our dear friend, will be hosting for her daughter, who is having a baby girl any day no way!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 

To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I hope you feel better soon. I am going through paperwork too and getting rid of things. So much stuff since we have been here 25 years. How old are your boys? So you had 3 boys? Mine are 24, 32 and my daughter is 26. Enjoy your dinner. Hugs

annie said...

Your dinner sounds good.
I've been purging my house as well. I need simple lately. There is just too much clutter otherwise.