Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cozy and Comfort!

Its such a cool day today, and I find I am looking for coziness, and comfort food!  My family agrees!!   I just took two pumpkin pies out of the oven!  The house smells wonderful!

For dinner, I am going to make Salisbury Steaks, and oven roasted potatoes!  It all screams comfortable home to me!  I have some beets I froze from the farmers market, they will be another side dish, along with a nice salad!

Cool days, Fall Days, they just bring me such peace!  I can spend the day relaxing, and enjoying this day!

I am on my laptop.  I think this poor baby is on the way out.  I have to get all our pictures off here, before it does die out.  We are thinking of purchasing one new laptop, and get rid of these two old ones.  They barely work, and my goodness, I think they are at least 10 years old!  Well, we are still running Vista, if there is a way to figure from that!

I started going thru the pictures, and came across this from our trip to New York last year with our son, daughter in law, and granddaughter.  I thought it would be nice to post, after the last few days, remembering


that is has been fourteen years since the 9/11 attack!  My heart still aches, and when I look at documentaries it seems like it was only yesterday, and all the horrors comes flooding back.

Well, I need to get busy with dinner, and I have some laundry to fold.  Have a wonderful day!



3 comments:

Lori said...

Your food sounds wonderful!!! Yes, that is comfort food for me too.
I got a new laptop a year or so ago and it is so much lighter that my old one. You will not know how you held or carried the old one...LOL!! I bet they are even lighter now. The technology amazes me.
That is a beautiful picture of the statue of Liberty. You are right, on 9/11 the memories just came flooding back like it just happened. I suppose that is good. Josh is a Junior in high school and he was only 3 years old when it happened, so the kids in school now were too young or not born during 9/11, so I talked with him about it and how it made me feel that day and how it was before and how it has never been the same since.
Enjoy your food!! I wish I were there. Have a nice week.
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, it has been to warm, no hot to enjoy the comfort foods. My favorite is home made soups. You sound like a great cook! I just changed my blog to fall. Happy Fall!

annie said...

Pumpkin pie sounds so nice right now. The weather here is chilly and bad with hurricane moving in so nice pie and a cup of tea would be so nice.