Sunday, August 30, 2015

Summer Days.....

 Are slowly slipping away!  Tomorrow is the last day of August!  Already there are days when we can sense Autumn nipping on Summers toes!

Today was a day I felt like cooking and baking.  I made two pumpkin pies.  Prepared some tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes my sister-in-law gave us, and sealed in our vacuum sealer and froze.  Then I made a pot roast, mashed potatoes, salad, gravy, and corn for dinner.  So good!!

Hubby and I just came in from sitting around our fire pit.  Mosquitoes starting biting, so we had to come in.  It is on the humid side, which makes it draw those little stinkers out!

It's sad to see the flowers start fading!  I have started collecting seeds for next year.  It will be nice to see the leaves change colors.  Fall is my favorite time of year!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Kathy! I love fall too, but I so love summer and hate to see it go. It was cool here last week, but will be warm this week. The humidity is back. Have a nice week.
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, we are still warm and fall does not get here until mid October or later. We have a fire ring in our new back yard. We want to have a camp out with the grands. So much to unpack first. Enjoy your week. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, it is still summer for us with 100 degree weather. Looking forward to fall for sure! We need to get some green beans and we did get some freshly grilled Hatch Green peppers. Going to have some today with grilled chicken. I posted my old 911 page at my blog.

Susan said...

That was my post.