We got string beans, which I just finished steaming,and when they are cool, we will put in the seal-a-meal. We also got eggplants, and some beautiful, big green peppers! My husband roasts them, then puts them under olive oil, and garlic, and some salt and pepper...we use it as an antipasto, as a topping for a sandwich, or many other uses! It's an Italian dish, not sure what it is called, but it is so good! My boys love it!
We also got the long peppers, which we are in the process of stuffing them, then we will bake, and freeze them. I love this time of the year!
They had some beautiful pies, but for $14 I will make my own! They had some nice looking corn on the cob, but they were expensive. I got a better price at our local market, and it was delicious!
We are expecting some navy thunderstorms to roll in this afternoon and evening. We need the rain, but I hope the winds won't be too destructive.
Our granddaughter started preschool yesterday! Where did the time go?

2 comments:
Hi Kathy, what a cute picture of your grand daughter. Times goes by so quickly! I hope we can make a garden next year. Hugs
It sounds like you got some wonderful things at the Farmer's Market! That is great.
Oh how sweet your Grand daughter has started preschool!!! How fun for her. She will love it. Oh I bet her buddy did miss her.
Have a nice week.
http://www.lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment