Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... 


Outside my window...  it has finally warmed up.  Temps Sunday night went to 22 degrees, and Monday was also very cold!  We even had a few flurries!  Winter can hold off a little longer as far as I am concerned!


I am thinking...  I need to start changing out our clothes for the fall and winter, and get all the summer clothes put away!


I am thankful...  for the blessed life the Lord has given to me, my husband, and our family!


I am wearing...  jeans, a flowered top, and sneakers and socks.  My feet are cold!


I am creating...  a cozy home life!


I am going... to finish folding laundry when I finish here.


I am wondering...  how soon we can leave to Florida!  We miss our granddaughter so much!


I am reading...  the life of St. Teresa 


I am hoping...  we can get to Florida sooner than last year!


I am learning...  patience, and humility.


In my garden...  the frost has killed almost all the flowers.  Soon we will begin cleaning it all up for next spring!


In my kitchen...  easy dinner tonight.  I made homemade chicken soup, and homemade noodles for it.  We will also have BLT sandwiches to go along with it.



A favorite quote for today... "Pray, Hope and don't Worry"   St Pio


A peek into one of my days... it has been pretty hectic, so I am enjoying a quiet day today.  Hubby has his golf league later, so I will have some quiet time before I get dinner ready for when he gets home.


One of my favorite things...  walks on cool Fall days, enjoying the crisp air, and the crunching leaves!



3 comments:

annie said...

Dinner sounds wonderful! Thats one thing I love about the colder weather, the warm comfort foods.
I really enjoyed peeking into your day!
Hugs!

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! Sorry it took me a few days to get here. I have missed you, & I'm happy to be back to blogging. I hope I can stick with my intentions to keep at this time. I really miss it when I'm not blogging, so I know it makes no sense why I keep stopping. Probably because I always feel no one would be interested in reading, but then again, a blog is a diary, so we should do it for us & for our family (right?). It's always so good to come back & find comments from friends like you. I always love reading here. I can't imagine snow flurries (already!!??)...it's 77F here today & will be in the 80's this weekend. That's fall in Vegas. How wonderful that you are looking forward to a visit to Florida & your granddaughter this winter! Have a blessed day Kathy! I posted each day this week - shock! :) I think today's post will make you smile. Hugs!

Judy said...

Good morning Kathy! Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning. I love Pioneer Woman too! She seems so down home, so 'real'. Can't wait to start cooking through her book! Did you watch emilys video in my Thursday post? I hope so, because I think it'll make you smile. :) Have a blessed day Kathy! Enjoy the lava cake that you're going to be preparing! YUM!!! Hugs!