Monday, October 26, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... 


Outside my window... after a cold start, it turned into a beautiful day!  Hubby and I took a ride to look at the colors, bringing along a Thermos of coffee!


I am thinking... of things I need to get done before Christmas.  Making plans.


I am thankful... for our home, and the peace we have in our home.


I am wearing...  blue jeans, a gold turtleneck, and sneakers.


I am creating... doing some Fall decorating, and also looking where hubs put the Thanksgiving decorations!!


I am going... grocery shopping later.


I am wondering...  if I can freeze raw cookie batter??


I am reading...  books on my Kindle.


I am hoping... our plans go through, with no issues!


I am learning... a few new knit stitches that I would like to try making a scarf with.


In my garden...  getting everything winterized and cleaned up.


In my kitchen...  my sister-in-law gave us a ton of apples, and I have two apple pies baking, and I also peeled the rest and processed them in our Seal-A-Meal and froze them for winter use!


A favorite quote for today... "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me"


A peek into my day...  laundry, cleaning, cooking and baking!  


One of my favorite things...  a walk through the Fall leaves, when we do our daily walk around the river!  




4 comments:

annie said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Would love to see photos of your walk around the river sometime.
Blessings and hugs.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I have never baked a pie. We just bye them at Marie Calendars. My sister makes them at Thanksgiving. We each take our specialty. It is not even cool enough to have the oven on.

Lori said...

It sounds like a great day you posted about. The fall colors were not very petty here in Missouri this year. Oh well. It happens. Have a nice week.
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! I love reading about your days! You sound like you have a happy, peaceful & cozy home! The ride with the thermos of coffee sounds wonderful! And the apple pies baking - can I drop by??? :) Did you google about freezing the cookie batter?? Have a blessed day Kathy! Hugs