Sunday, October 18, 2015

Winter....

is knocking, letting us know it wants to come in!!   We woke today to temperature of 22 degrees!  We also we granted another sign of winter...frost!!   We are forecast to possibly have some snow flurries tonight and tomorrow morning, only light though!!

We also have started putting away the outdoor furniture, cleaning the flower beds, all that fun stuff!  When we first start, I am a bit sad, for summer to end, but I do love the autumn, the colors, just everything about autumn!  The brisk air is rejuvenating, just as long as it isn't below zero!

I love to do stews and soups as well as making apple pies, pumpkin pies, pot roasts!  All great, cozy, Fall things!  I am going to make some apple butter later on today.

We are making our plans to drive down to Florida to visit with our oldest son, his wife, and our granddaughter Sofia this winter.  Hopefully it will be for a few months, and we will stay out of the cold again like last year!  It was a horrible winter, but we were blessed to miss most of it!

Well, off to fold the laundry.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

So glad that you found my blog, Kathy! I hope you can get down to Florida this winter. 22 degrees is pretty cold for this time of year.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, We do not know really cold weather. I do like to make soups too. That is great that you can go to Florida with your son. Do they let you cook? Thanks for your visit to my blog. I am glad you are still blogging. Hugs

annie said...


Not that cold in NJ yet, at least not here by the ocean, but it will get there soon enough.