Thursday, August 25, 2016

Time

Time gets away from me!  It seems now that I am retired, my life is more full. It sounds strange, even to me, but when I worked, I had to clean, cook, time on the computer still, but now, I get things done early, like my housework, then I have my devotions.  

Breakfast, clean up from that, do stuff outside with hubby, clean, prepare lunch, and so on!  Some days I met my sister in law for lunch and devotions. Prepare dinner each day, clean up from that, not counting laundry each day!  Anyway, my life is full...I am blessed.

Our granddaughter started kindergarten!  Time is flying!  She is enjoying kindergarten more than preschool, which I am so glad.  I have her in my prayers constantly.  We can't wait till we can visit for the winter again!  We usually leave here the first week in January, and stay till middle of March.  We have such a wonderful time with them!

I was out for lunch with my sister in law this past week, and bumped into my old manager from my job!  She is also retired, and so happy to be away from that job as well!  Life is good!

We are having my hubby's friend up for dinner tonight.  We are making lasagna, and I am making a banana crumb cake for dessert.  We love have family and friends for dinner, or even coffee and dessert some nights!  This past Sunday, I made a complete Thanksgiving dinner!  From the turkey to the pumpkin pies, and all the side dishes!  The family went nuts, and I got a call from our son in Florida and he said he wants the same thing when we get there!  Lol!  Of course my boys took pictures of dinner here and sent to him to make him jealous!

It's hot and humid again, and we are to get severe thunderstorms tonight.

I am off to get the cake in the oven!

2 comments:

annie said...

It all sounds wonderful and what a great inspiration you are.
I haven't had lasagna in a long time. I am jealous!
It is so great that you get to spend so much time with your family in Florida. Just wonderful.
Have a lovely day. Hugs

Melanie said...

I thought when I retired, I'd have all the time in the world, but I've found I'm very busy too. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful! What time should I be there? LOL