We will have 12 for Thanksgiving dinner, small this year.
My brother Pete will be making him Cranberry chutney, and also a pumpkin rice pudding, which my husband loves. My sister in law is making a big pan of lasagna, (her homemade noodles)! Can you tell we are Italian and bring our traditions in!!
I will be making homemade chicken soup, with our quadrucci noodles, (tiny little squares). Then will come lasagna, then I am making the turkey, Ralph, my stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean almondine, corn, a huge salad, relish tray, scallions, and fresh Italian bread!
For dessert, I am making two pumpkin pies, my son Mike's girl Kristin is making an apple crumb pie, and I am also making two pumpkin rolls.
Hubby and I like have the tree decorated for Christmas, and also the house decorated. We are also working on that! Not as much as in other years, especially down in the family room. Hubs has gone thru some health issues, so I want him to take it easy.
We love watching the Hallmark Christmas movies, and we have been enjoying them. Also the Christmas music station on the tv!! I have a friend, who is so negative about Christmas, it is very discouraging. Tonight, hubs and I went to our family restaurant for hotdogs, and she and her husband showed up. My brother is like us, and the Christmas music is playing through the restaurant, and she started complaining and mocking the music, saying, "oh just shoot me now, this is disgusting". Can you believe it? And she is supposed to be a good Christian!
OK, I am off my soapbox, for now anyway, lol!!
I am thankful for so many things this year:
- for my sons
- my husband
- our home
- enough to eat
- for all the healings the Lord blessed us with, for my husband!
- our health
- my granddaughter
- life
So many more! I guess I should have done a Thankful Post for every day!
Ok, have some towels to fold!

2 comments:
Hi Kathy; I'm so glad you are posting again. Your Thanksgiving plans sound wonderful. We are having 24-28 for the day and we all cook a part of the meals. I was designated to make 2 pans of baked ziti instead of lasagna this year. There will be all the side dishes desserts and 2 turkeys. I have nephews and nieces coming in from all over. We'll gather at one of my nieces who has the room for us all. The only thing missing will be my children and grandchildren as they live in Texas and Florida. My son and DIL are spending it with his father this year. It will be a great day anyway. Have a blessed weekend dear friend.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving you have planned! I definitely think it's time for Christmas music and decorations. Bah humbug on your friend! :) Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment