Tuesday, December 27, 2016

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was peaceful!

We are making our plans to go to Florida to our son Chris's.  We will be there for a few months.  We are waiting on our (new to us) car to be ready.  Hopefully in the next few days.  The packing will take no time, and we will be on our way.

Meantime, we are taking down Christmas and putting it all away.  Then we will have the normal things to prepare... like cleaning out the dryer vent, changing smoke alarms, getting all the tiny details taken care of.

I was watching Arsenic and Old Lace earlier!  I just love that old black and white movie!  Cary Grant is wonderful in it!  Another one of our favorites is an old black and white movie, It Happened On 5Th Avenue!

Our sons got us a new laptop for Christmas!  I am so excited, I can't wait for my son to get it up and running for us!  Its an Acer,  we have had one before.  I hope the Windows won't be too hard to learn!

Have a wonderful day, and if I don't get back before we leave for Florida, Happy and Blessed New Year!


3 comments:

Melanie said...

I also enjoyed "Arsenic and Old Lace". I was Martha in our high school play of that. Nice weather down here in Florida right now. You will enjoy your time here as I know you do every year. Safe trip!

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, glad you got a new computer. My very first desk top was an Acer. I decorate my whole house for Christmas so it takes time to take down. We will take down the mail tree tomorrow to make room for a piano that my husband has inherited from his mom. I added a few Christmas pictures at my blog and am working on My Christmas page for this year. I hope you can blog while you are with your son. Happy New Year!

Toni said...

Stopped by to wish you a Blessed and healthy beginning of a New Year dear Kathy. The new Windows is easy and a lot like Windows 7 with a new look.