Thursday, April 29, 2021

New Roof

 Yesterday we had terrible thunderstorms roll in with extremely strong winds.  For hours, and we were awakened during the night with the sound of dripping water in several areas of the ceiling!  Hubby had to crawl up into the attic with a flashlight, and we have a terrible mess up there.  More rain is expected all the rest of the week and into next week.  We are trying to contact roofers for a new roof.  Key fingers crossed for us.

Our roof is over 20 yrs old, and the people who did it, did a terrible job replacing a roof that the builders of our home made a mess of.  It’s all very disappointing.

On the brighter side, May will be here in a few days, and I am awaiting the arrival of our hummingbirds!  I just love watching them.  Our cardinals and blue jays are back, as well as a pair of doves, and a few other songbirds.

Hubby and I like to have our evening coffee out in the gazebo, or at least on the deck, but with the rain there is no way.  

Our granddaughter’s horse Sam came down with something call tying up, he ended up being taken to hospital for 2 days.  He is back at home now and they are hoping all is well.  Goodness!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I hope you get your roof problems taken care of. I like to watch the hummingbirds too. They can be very territorial and loud! I would love to see a picture of your gazebo. Enjoy your week and thanks for you visit!