Friday, February 10, 2023

It's Friday!

 Yes, it is Friday!  The weekend will be upon us.  I am thankful the Lord has blessed my hubby and I with a good week!  I am thankful for so much the Lord has shown me!  

Grateful for the sunny day today!  The weather has been so nasty... and to have a warmer sunny day, even if it was windy, was such a blessing!  I look forward to Spring and warm days spent outside!

Thankful for answered prayers that were blessings to others I was in prayer for!  We gain so much by prayer for others.  Answered prayers!

Hubby and I were craving BLT sandwiches today.  He went to our local meat market where they make their own bacon!  It is unbelievably delicious!  I save the drippings in the fridge in glass jars.  What flavor that adds to dishes!

My sister sent me some balls of beautiful yarn a while ago.  The pattern she sent was too difficult for me, but I found a cable knit pattern on Ravelry.  I started working on it tonight.  I is amazing to me how calming knitting and crocheting are to me!  Here is a picture of the yarn, it is so soft.  The blue is actually darker, more of a heather blue.  My phone is not so great on pictures.


 Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Our friends have invited us to watch the Super Bowl.  They have a get together with a few friends, great food.  I am looking forward to Sunday night.  I am going to make a cake.  Hubby is going to make his stuffed mushrooms.





  

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Your yarn is beautiful! I do love the colors. I crochet a bit and am trying to get interested in knitting. I agree, it is peaceful and relaxing. Thank you for visiting me. I'm sorry you feel crummy during the winter. I think I'll call my doctor on Monday and ask for an inhaler.

I enjoy BLTs too and now that I read your post here, I'm craving them too!

I hope you have a good time with your friends during Super Bowl.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I love yarn too though I don't knit often. I use it for crafting projects. Have fun with your friends at the Superbowl party!

annie said...

Let us know how your knitting project goes! I agree that prayer is so very powerful. It struck me that they were arresting people in England for praying in their heads even. Are they afraid of the power of prayer. In Poland men are in the streets praying the rosary daily. Powerful stuff.