Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's A Date!

We are getting ready to go on a date!! Yes, you read that right! We are going with about 5 other couples to a dinner show! Give me a woohoo! It should be a great time, I can't wait!

Yesterday was another hectic day off. Making coffee, feeding the guys, making lemonade, making coffee..... in general, I was the gofer!! But... the old windows are out, the new windows are in the new spot. The shutters aren't up yet. Hubby decided we will give the whole front new shutters. So he will have to measure the windows, so everything matches.

This morning, hubby and I got up early, went for a quick breakfast, and drove to the flooring store, to pick up the wood flooring for Sandy's new bedroom, and our master bedroom. Brazilian Cherry, I think it will look gorgeous!

I worked out in the front yard a bit yesterday, gathering up some of the dead plants, and trying to spruce it up a bit. But it's to get cold here again, so I may have started a bit too early. This afternoon, I did some laundry, and relaxed, for some reason, I am very tired today.

My girlfriend went into work Thursday, only to be taken and told that she is being let go, her job is being elimated. 45 people lost their jobs where she works. She is 62, going to be 63 in June, so I guess she will take early retirement. She is still in shock. Please keep her in your prayers, her first name is Elaine.

Boy, these few days off have gone by fast. Just tomorrow, then back to work. I am looking forward to April 18, which is another Saturday off, making for 4 days off in a row.

Ok, I need to finish my hair. I will be around to visit tonight if it isn't too late.

No comments: