Our son Mike, wanted my homemade gnocchi for his birthday dinner... turning 21! February 23 was actually his birthday, but with school, and work, he wanted it for today. And so, Saturday I made.... 10 lbs of gnocchi!!!!!!!! Yes, I said 10 lbs!!! Thank goodness for my hubby helping me. It took several hours, but well worth the effort!!
One of my gifts from Chris and Maria was a wonderfully well made "passatutto", or ricer. It has 3 different sized discs, so you can even make baby food. I absolutely love it! Anyway, ricing the potatoes, makes just the lightest gnocchi!!
There were 10 of us for dinner, and we will have gnocchi for dinner tomorrow night too, to finish up the last pan!! Yum!!!
Mike's girlfriend, Kristin made a delish cake for him... and since he is a volunteer firefighter, she did it in the shape of of firetruck. It was gorgeous, took a lot of work for her, and we demolished it! LOL
2 comments:
Hi Kathy;
A belated happy birthday to your son. Wish I was there to enjoy the gnocchi. ;-} Have a lovely beginning of the week my friend.
I love gnocchi. I made some ricotta gnocchi for my daughter and I the other day. But, I have to say that potato gnocchi are my favorite.
I hope your son had a happy birthday.
Hugs
Post a Comment