Sunday, March 27, 2011

Here we are at almost the end of March... it's 23 degrees outside!!  I am frozen!!  If I had a gun... I would shoot that stinking groundhog!

Hubby made polenta for dinner today!  So warming of the tummy with this bitter cold weather!  I love love love comfort food!  One of my fav's.... a big bowl of chicken noodle soup, homemade of course!  Another... mashed potatoes and meatloaf!!   I can go on and on, I have lots of comfort food... even toast with a little butter and peanut butter, and a hot cup of coffee can soothe me!!

I can look forward to just 4 days of work this week... our weeks start on Saturday.  This Saturday, I had a vacation day, and off today.  So I work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday... then... my regular weekend off!  Woohoo!!

Hubby will start working on the baby's room at our son's house.  I have to get some pictures of the completed bathroom my hubby did for them!  Absolutely breathtaking, I am so jealous!!  Yesterday we got the room all cleared out... hubby is going to put in a new ceiling... lowering it, and other things before we can paint it the color Maria wants.  So exciting, our Sofia will be here soon. 

We are planning a baby shower for her.  We worked on plans today, and we need to get moving on the invitations, etc.  Exciting times!!

2 comments:

Wynne said...

Hi Kathy,

I'd love to see pics of the renovated bathroom, sounds beautiful! We're having a cold Spring here too. Had sooo much snow this winter and it's clinging on. Snow is melting slowly, though. I just want warm days soon and summer! ;) ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy;

I'm back to posting again. ;-} Thank you for your lovely comment while I was gone. I see you haven't posted in awhile also. Hope all is well with you and yours. Have a lovely week ahead. Hugs