Friday, August 19, 2011

Prayer

It is so amazing to me what our Lord can do for us!

Thursday's post, I mentioned that I would be having to go back to work on Monday. I called my manager to advise her, and she said she is showing me off till the 31st of August. Approved. She told me to call the disability insurance to verify. And it looks like she is right, and I will be off till then.

I have kept this in prayer, I am not feeling 100% yet, and felt it was too soon. Keep this in prayer my friends, I will know positively at the beginning of this week coming.

This time off has been such a healing for me. Spending more time with the Lord, and our blessed Mother, my prayer time, just total healing. Even to bringing my husband and I closer together. Cherishing time spent... even just weeding the garden together. I am so grateful for this gift from God, my husband. The Lord has always been watching and guarding me, as I am seeing in so many ways now.

Missing my sister. She and her hubby and the kids have moved to Indianapolis, which is almost 11 hours from us. She is so much happier, and I am glad for her, but I really am missing her.

Well, time to fold a laundry load. I am proud that I am getting on a nice cleaning schedule, which I can maintain once I go back to work, instead of feeling so pressured about things needing to get done in the house. My husband is a wonderful helper, and I am so thankful to him too!

I am looking forward to Fall coming. Lately, it's been a bit cooler at night, making me pine for autumn!! The smells, the colors, the crisp air. I am chomping at the bit to change my background to a Fall inspired one!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Kathy!

It was so good to see you on my comments! So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. I know that prayer is indeed the best medicine - and the Lord, the best healer. I've always said that the Lord is just a whisper away.

We are feeling the air change here in Idaho too. I love Autumn, but it seems like summer has just been too short this year! We have had unusually cool weather this year, almost cold in the evenings. That said . . . I love Autumn - and like you, can't wait for the colors and smells of Fall!

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Barb

Marge said...

Hi Kathy,
So happy for your good news. I know you needed that. It gives you more time to blog too! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Kathy!

You sound so much happier and I hope you feel better and better each day. Yes! Our Lord is good. You are truly blessed with a wonderful caring husband.

I too am looking forward to Fall. I spent last night and probably today working on new autumn graphics for my site. ;-}

Have a lvely Sunday my friend. Hugs