Spring has finally arrived! At least on the calendar. We are still very cold, and next week it is going to get colder still!
On the good side, I noticed my tulips popping up, let's hope the cold doesn't kill them off! This past fall, my husband got the bright idea of cutting back out black walnut tree. It was devastating to me, it was huge, and offered so much shade, it actually shielded my top black deck, and we even had areas under it to sit in the shade. I am curious to see just how much it will come back. He says it will be better, I have my doubts.
A break in cooking today... Pizza for dinner tonight. Yesterday I made a pot of green pea soup with ham! It came out so delicious, and was cozy for the colder weather we are having.
I had one of my prescriptions refilled today. Looking out the window, I thought it was a bit warmer, so I wore a lighter jacket...bad idea! I was frozen, and when I got back home, I ended two cups of tea to warm up!
1 comment:
Happy Tuesday Kathy;
Hopefully today and tomorrow will be the last of winter type cold weather (all though I doubt it).. :)
I happened to see very tiny daffodil buds by my sister's place but they didn't look that healthy. I'm hoping Spring flowers will look better when we really get Spring.
I could use some of your green pea soup today as I woke up with the sniffles. ;-}
Post a Comment