Monday, March 03, 2014

We Were Lucky

Yes, we sure were!  The storm they were calling for to hit us with 8 to 12 inches of snow, totally missed us.  Unfortunately, our friends south of us got the brunt of it.  It still is bitterly cold out, temps dropping to about 5 degrees tonight, but no additional snow.  My yard is still buried in about 6 inches, can't wait for it all to melt away, enough is enough!

Yesterday hubby and I made our own linguine, and made baked macaroni!  It was sooooo good!  I also made a super homemade chocolate cake with a homemade peanut butter icing!  Another winner! It really is so much healthier and cheaper to make homemade!  I know what I am putting into it, and no chemicals!  We are making our own sausage, and the taste is amazing.  When we buy a freezer, we will also make our own ground beef, and be able to stock up on sales.  We also will be making our own gnocchi, cappelletti, pasta,  and have room to freeze it so we have it on hand!

I was happy to get my meds at Kmart at a great price, for 90 days.  Way cheaper than having to get it thru the insurance plan we have.

Feeling blessed!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, that must be fund making your own food. My hubby and I are both retired too but we have adult kids here with grands so life is busy. My daughter does most of the cooking. We are trying to eat low carb. I am not sure where you live that is so cold but I guess that could be about anywhere is the nation except the Calif and Florida.

Toni said...

That storm missed us too Kathy, thank goodness! I just wish this neverending winter in the deep freeze would go away and miss us too.
Everytime I come here I get hungry and yearn for certain foods..I wonder why! LOL!!
Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs