Yesterday, my hubby and I had our family Christmas dinner. We did it a few days early because with getting ready for our trip to our oldest son in Florida, and my two sil took Christmas Day and New Years Day, we picked yesterday! We had 22 people for dinner! And some friends dropped by later in the day for coffee and dessert with us. We love being with family, and we just enjoyed every minute!
Last week, we made homemade pasta, and made our little soup noodles! We made a huge pot of chicken broth the other day, and froze it, to be ready for Sunday's dinner.... First course! I made a huge pot of chicken scampi, I roasted a big ham, and I made 15 Pounds of my parmesan oven roasted potatoes! We bought a whole loin of pork, my hubby butterflied I t, and we stuffed it with prosciutto, spinch, and mushrooms! Hubby made peas with browned mushrooms, I made a huge salad, my bil made roasted cauliflower, so delicious! My nieces made desserts for us! I am trying to think if I forgot anything? Oh, my brother made an apple crisp for us as well!
We shared love, and laughter, old stories, memories, and the joy of being together!
We just had a wonderful time with everyone! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

6 comments:
Kathy I would love to come to one of your family dinners. or dessert even. Merry Christmas! See you in Florida. Hugz!
Hi Kathy, it all sounds so wonderful! That is cool how your hubby cooks with you. I met with my family for dinner out. Christmas day my kids will come over. Have a wonderful trip and please check in. Hugs
What a wonderful dinner and time with family! Have a safe trip to Florida. You're coming into some nice weather. Have a blessed day.
Hi Kathy! Oh wow, sounds like such an amazing time! I sometimes wish I had a big family to enjoy. Merry Christmas to you and yours and safe travels.
Lots of hugs.
Hi Kathy! Wow!!! Sounds like your house is the place to be for great food and great friends! I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Lots of hugs and thank you for stopping by this month. Sorry I wasn't able to get around until now.. however, look out for all the comments to be coming from me. lol
Merry Christmas, Kathy. ((hugs))
Post a Comment